Monday, January 14, 2013

If i was in Oran...

If I was in this horrid situation in Oran, I think I would simply go mad. The monotony of the lifestyle, with only one true concern, am I going to get the plague today or no? This kind of helplessness Is the feelings I think Albert Camus has as he is writing this. He s unable to talk any sense into the people around him, unable to give hope to anyone as millions and millions of people die unnecessarily. The cruelty of the Plague itself I think demonstrates the destruction of war. Not only does it physically kill people, but it plays with the mind. Things like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder are ways that death play with the mind. Though that specifically is not what effects the characters of the novel, they are all mentally changed by the plague.

No comments:

Post a Comment