Monday, March 11, 2013

A More Pronounced Theme: CRISTINA VALENCIA

When I read Veronica's comment I did realize that my theme was too broad and it called for a more pronounced version of the way in which Camus interprets an individuals inherent nature. As I thought, I soon came to the conclusion that I want to write my term paper on the individuals living in the town of Oran. Although it seems as if Camus just wrote his book around specific characters like Rieux, this is not the case. The beginning of every chapter is reserved for the individuals of the town and the way they react to the plague. Thanks to Veronica, I have been able to do more research and realize that Albert Camus is interested in the behavior of a human and through my term paper, I will be able to explore more on the subject matter. Thank you Vero for allowing me to understand more thoroughly the basis of my paper.

1 comment:

  1. I think hope is a great thing to write your paper on, expecially because the main part of the novel is allocated to the evolution of the town's hope as a result of the progression of the plague. I think you will have a lot of material to work with because not only is the evolution of the town's hope heavily discussed, but the evolution of each individual character's hope is discussed as well.

    ReplyDelete